Saturday, 27 August 2011

After the storm

Think I'll be writing this blog post with the Mummford and Sons song 'After the Storm' playing in my head now after naming it my post!

It stormed over in brum last night yet I didn't hear any of it as I was out shopping with my mom for my brother's back to school things. I loved that time of the year - the few weeks before the start of the new year and going shopping for new bag, shoes and most importantly (to me anyway hehe) STATIONARY!

Since those days of getting excited over a fluffy pink pencil case filled with endless amounts of novelty pens and pencils with swirly rubbers on seem to be behind me, I chose to spend my attention elsewhere...

Ive pretty much ran out of money now unless I want to spend in my overdraft - which unless I really must, I try not to so you can imagine my absolute delight when I had a tax rebate through the other day! It was only £34 but still, its £34!!! Probably shoudnt have spent it all in one go but a girl has needs..


Bought this little beauty from Primarni for £12 - I couldn't get over how soft it was! It seem I'll have to be careful wearing it though as it seems as though it snags very easily :/

Another little gem I found - Primark once again and for £10! Just like the other one I bought its stupidly soft and looks really good quality! They had a few various colours in this style but I really liked the mustard colour of this one in particular!

Sorry for the poor picture quality! Am defo saving for a new'un soon! This is from Primark once again - £7! Nearlly didnt notice it and it was the last one in my size.. fate? haha probably not - I went into River Island a little later on and found pretty much the exact copy of it and from what I can recall they wanted at least treble for it!



The only way I can show you these really cute bobbles from H&M is if I snapped it with the jumper in the background - sorry! They came in a pack of 2 for £1.99 and were the last ones on the stand too! Im really loving soft pinks at the moment - currently looking for a nice jumper in that colour so if anyone knows where to find one, let me know please! :)



So in all my little Primark haul came to £29.00 and with the bobbles my total for the day came to £31.00 which you really cant sniff at!

I couldnt help but go in to Topshop and have a browse. Luckily the one I went to isnt that well stocked anyway which is lucky - anyone else hate that feeling when you go to Topshop, see so many things you absolutely love but just cant afford? I seen some lovely jumpers and yes, you can tell the difference in the quality compared to the jumpers I bought from Primark but at the same time the ones I bought are just as soft and lovely and will make a nice addition to my A/W wardrobe. Thank goodness for Primark I say!




Lucy x






6 comments:

  1. Cute finds! I wish we had Primark here in the States! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, thank god for Primark! Some people get really anti primark, because its so cheap and etc. But, I just love it!
    I need to re-stock my wardrobe full for sixth form, and I need some nice A/W items, so Primark will be my first port of call! I love that mustard jumper! I will have to search for that!
    I am going to the Birmingham Primark on Wednesday, so I hope they have it!
    I am due a tax rebate of around £130! That shall be a nice little package for me!

    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for following my blog, I followed back! Aw I adore the shirt that you brought for £7, it's lovely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how beautiful!!! i follow you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. nearly bought that peter pan blouse from primark! love the clothes in there at the mo http://openboxjewels.blogspot.com/ X

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your primark purchases. hhaa, i thought it was only me and my friends who call primark primarni!

    Vintage Stop at www.vickileestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete