Thursday, 23 August 2012

Treasure Hunting #1

Anybody else feel like this week is flying by? Just over a week and we will be in September which is absolutely crazy as we all know what that means...a certain countdown anyone?!

I've been trying to go to as many carboots as I can this summer and was one of the things I was looking forward to doing this time around but with the weather not knowing what to do with itself, its been pretty hit and miss. I went to my local one last saturday after debating whether to go or not and could have kicked myself when I got there. Overcast whether= miserable and minimal car booters selling pretty much nothing of interest. I did come across a teapot I quite liked and nearly smashed it in the process! Being half asleep (my excuse for sheer clumsiness anyway) I turned it upside down to look at the makers' mark and the lid made an almighty thud that left me a little dishevled and saying sorry about 15 times to a man who looked like hed just seen his life flash before his very eyes...probably could have done with a nice calming cuppa to be honest!

Losing heart pretty quickly and thinking I would leave with nothing I found this


Sorry for the crappy quality - my camera eats batteries like I eat chocolate and I cant keep affording to pay out for new ones all the time - might invest in some rechargable ones! So yes, I found this vintage suitcase which is actually bigger than it looks but not too big on the last stall I look at for a massive 1 british pound! Pretty good no? Im not sure if Im going to keep it for myself yet though - thinking about giving it to a friend of mine who love vintage bags but hasnt got a suitcase type bag in her collection yet so we shall see!


As Im showing you some thrifty bits I thought Id throw in another find that I found in a charity shop a few weeks ago and is now storing my rings and things.

 
This didn't have a price on it possibly because the charity shop had only been open a few weeks but after asking a rather put-on-the-spot employee, he charged me £1.25 - lovely jubbly. I love the shell/oyster type shape to it and of course the pretty little flower print inside :)
 
 
Have any of you lovely lot found anything a bit bargainous lately?
 
 
Lucy X


5 comments:

  1. That suitcase is so nice! I can never find good stuff at car boot sales! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bag! £1 what a bargain!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a mega cute dish!I'm not prepared for LFW at all!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that bag, such a bargain!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shell plate is CUTE - such a bargain too! x

    ReplyDelete